Wounded Chindit

Wounded Chindit

Sunday 23 November 2014

IHMN - Scotland Yard 2

I've finally got around to taking some photo's of the rest of the force after completing them a couple of weeks ago.
I'm still not happy with the quality of the photos and I think I'm going to change from the bolt action anti-shine varnish as I'm getting the occaional white specs and it seems to hide some of the highligting !

Here's the rest of the force together.

And one of the Consulting Dective and the good Doctor.

As you can see I'v done the Consulting Dectives Coat in plain grey. I tried the grey hat with a green tweed style but that wasn't for me so I went for the darkish grey coat.

The Chief Inspector and Sergeant

I was happy with these though after spraying the anti-shine varnish the high lights on the brown coat seem to have disapeared !

Special Branch with carbines

and finally the whole force (with the constables)

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.

18 comments:

  1. These figures look lovely, great work...

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, love the chief inspector and the sergeant...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sir, great to see the complete group like this - I really need to get my done now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you kindly Old bean - i was suitably impressed with your dinosaur diarama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job I love this set I need to pick it up. They are all fab the Special Constables are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon - It's a nice set and I've got a liking for the Prince of Wales' Extraordinary Company from Northstar.

      Delete
  6. Great looking characters, Dan. Love the vests too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Dean - me too especially the purply-pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done a lovely job with all of these. I can see your highlights just fine, but I do know what you're talking about regarding white flecks in your sealer. It happens to me when the bottle I'm using is older than just a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne - That could be the answer with the sealer as i don't get through the spray can that quickly. Answer paint more miniatures and be quicker.

      Delete
  9. Really nice job. Nice too see someone getting the police uniform dark enough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks - the blue was a problem, even the games workshop colour I used turned out too light and needed a good wash of games workshop nuln oil to get near to what I thought was right.

    ReplyDelete